I am an iPad fanatic. There isn’t much I can’t do on an iPad that someone else can do with a laptop. Lately, I’ve been getting some of the same questions about iPad functionality that are definitely post-worthy.
1. Did you know you can take a screenshot of your iPad? Clicking the home (large button at the lower part of your screen) and sleep (top edge) button at the same time will give you a screenshot. You’ll know it ‘took’ when it gives a slight flash to the screen. It saves the pic in Photos for easy transition to a computer.
2. I’m an app junkie. Organizing my apps into groups is the only thing keeping me sane. Most people know that if you hold your finger on an app it will allow you to move it from screen to screen. If you grab the app and hover it over another app, it will group the two together. I have groups for Business, Organized, News, etc. Makes it super organized! (Kudos to my buddy, Kevin, for showing me this one!)
3. Keyboard shortcuts are a must. There are a lot of shortcuts that you can find online. Some of the ones I use the most are:
- By double spacing at the end of the sentence, iPad will automatically add a period, space and capitalize the first letter to your next word.
- When you’re using the built-in keyboard on the iPad, apostrophes can get cumbersome. Most of the time, you can leave the apostrophe out and auto-correct will fill in the blanks for you. When that function isn’t available, hold your finger on the !/’ key and the apostrophe will come up so you don’t have to go to the number screen to get it. (Most of the symbol keys have extra keys available if you hold that key down.)
- On that note: keeping tweets down to minimal characters can be challenging when you’re a ellipsis user. (Guilty!) If you hold your finger on the period (number screen), on the iPad built-in keyboard, it will highlight an ellipsis key which only counts for one character vs. three.
What must-have shortcuts do you use on your iPad?